The annual Gisborne Fire Brigade Christmas Eve Santa Run is here for 2016. Our 100% Volunteer brigade members take delight in helping Santa around Gisborne every year. While we try to cover as much as the town as possible, you may notice some changes from previous years. The town has grown and changed, and we’re asking for your help in getting to as many people by bringing them to Santa this year. Look for the closest point that Santa will be traveling to you. Your safety is important to us, and we would prefer that everyone is gathered in a place near the road (not on the road!) and that all children have adult supervision.
When: the evening of Christmas Eve, December 24 2016
* Start station road side road
* Proceed to Early Street
* Continue along Early st/ Chessy Park drive
* Turn left into Darley Crescent
* Turn left again into Chessy park drive
* Travel down station road until Farrell Street
* Follow Farrell Street to Saunders Road
* turn left towards Vernon Cresent
* Follow Vernon Cresent around to Mt Vista Close
* return to Saunders road, then Station Road.
* From station road turn left into Watt Street follow until Swinburne Ave
* Turn left into Swinburne Ave
* Turn left into Skyline Drive and follow around until the road intersects with its self
* Turn right in to Omerod Court
* Continue along Cherry Lane until station road. Turn right and head back into Gisborne
* At Frith Road turn right
* Follow Frith Road around until it ends.
Return to fire station for break
* From the station turn left onto Robertson rd. follow Robertson Rd/ Bacchus Marsh road until Mulguthrie Way
* Turn left into Mulguthrie way and follow
* Turn left into Dumbarton way and follow to Mulguthrie way
* Turn left and head towards Hamilton Street.
* In Hamilton Street turn right into Turangura rd.
* Turn left at Fisher Street
* Follow Fisher St until Aitken St.
* Turn right at Aitken Street and head towards Dalton St
* Turn right into Dalton St and follow around
* Head towards the willows.
* Travel down Willowbank Rd
* Turn right into Mt Gisborne Road
* Turn right into Carinya Drive
* Follow around Carinya/ Wyralla cresent
* Turn left into Mt Gisborne Road
* Turn right into Jonathan road
* Turn left into brooking road
* Turn left into Gordon Bvd
* Turn right into coop drive
* Turn left into Tasman road / child Harold road
* Turn left into Willowbank road
* Turn left into Brady road
* Turn right into Parkview Street
* Turn left into Willowbank road
Return to station for break
* From Kilmore Road turn left into the Boulevard
* Turn left into Hilltop Way
* Turn left into Landscape Close and proceed to the park area at the end of the street.
RECOMMENDED THAT ONLY SANTAS VEHICLE TRAVEL TO THIS LOCATION.
There may be some delay in this area as it will be the only stop on this side of Kilmore road
* Return to Kilmore road turn left
* At the roundabout at mountain view way turn right
SUPPORT VEHICLES TO FIND A SAFE PLACE TO STAGE
* Santa to proceed the intersection of Cassandra place
* Turn around and proceed back around to Olivia ct
* From Aitken st turnleft into fersfield road
* Turn left into Worcester road
* Turn right into howey st
* Turn left into keily road
* Turn left into fersfield road
* Turn left into sheedy road.
* At Howey Street the run is completed.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this route, however we are trying to fit as many people as we can, with a route that will service us for the foreseeable future. Please keep an eye on the Gisborne Fire Brigade Facebook page for live updates as we progress through the town