The JVDP is delivered by approximately 150 CFA brigades, and the objectives of the program are to:
- Provide young people with a sense of place in their community and an awareness of the need for, and benefits of volunteerism
- Enhance personal values such as commitment, responsibility and respect for self and others
- Increase the opportunity for future recruitment and volunteer involvement, whilst making a proactive contribution to the safety and well being of Victorian communities
Brigades provide a balance of activities that cover the four program elements of:
- Social and recreational development
- Skill development
- Personal development
- Community service through CFA involvement
Juniors are involved in a number of activities including team building activities, practical skills activities, fundraising, first aid, community service, sporting and social activities, and excursions.
The Junior Volunteer Development Program supports brigades in conducting the program by providing Youth Development Training for leaders, first aid level 1 courses for Juniors, funding for activities and excursions, and polo shirts, caps and overalls for all Junior participants.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org