Many communities throughout Victoria are already experiencing dry conditions, which places them at risk of fire.
Now’s the time to prepare your property. Even if you plan to leave early, preparing your home could increase the chances of your home surviving fire. Make sure you:
- Keep grass cut to less than 10cms long.
- Dispose of dry grass, leaves, twigs and loose bark from around your home.
- Keep gutters and roof areas clear of leaf litter.
- Keep woodpiles away from your home.
- Cut back overhanging tree branches close to your home.
- Store flammable liquids away from your home.
For more information, check out our new publication- Your Guide to Property Preparation