Following on from a total fire ban today, Friday the second of January, tomorrow Saturday Third of January has been declared a day of total fire ban across the state. No fires can be lit or be allowed to remain alight in the open air from 12:01 AM on Sat, 3 Jan 2015 until 11:59 PM Sat, 3 Jan 2015.
Fire danger has been assessed as Extreme, and you need to consider your response to this danger.
“The key is to be prepared – know your trigger for leaving early, what you will do in the event of an emergency and where you can find more information.” said Emergency Management Commissioner Craig Lapsley.
Mr Lapsley said it was vital to never rely on just one source of information but to use multiple sources including:
- ABC local radio, commercial and designated radio stations or Sky News TV
- The FireReady App – which sends push notifications for incidents, Total Fire Bans and what Fire Danger Ratings
- The emergency.vic.gov.au website
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line 1800 240 667
- CFA Twitter and Facebook accounts.
To find out what you are able to do and what is prohibited during a total fire ban, please visit http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can/ for more information.