Summer is only a couple of weeks away and, with a long, hot and dry fire season predicted, it is important that you understand the warnings and advice that may be issued by emergency services during this time. It is up to you to stay informed.
Where to Find Warnings and Updates
- Local News: Local ABC, commercial and community radio and Sky News
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL): 1800 240 667
- Online: emergency.vic.gov.au
- Social Media: Twitter @CFA_Updates and facebook.com/cfavic
- Translation and Interpretation: 131 450
- Advice: General information to keep you up to date with developments.
- Watch and Act: An emergency threatens you. Conditions are changing and you need to start taking action now to protect your health, life and your family.
- Emergency Warning: You are in imminent danger and need to take action immediately. You will be impacted by the emergency.
Click here for more information on warnings and advice, as well as advice on Community Alerting Sirens, TV and Radio Sirens and Evacuation Messages.
Do not rely on an official warning to leave. Fires can start quickly and threaten homes and lives within minutes.
To report a fire, call 000. Do not call the fire station to report a fire, as it may not be manned. Call 000 to report a fire.